CityNews

400 people fall sick in Delhi after eating adulterated kuttu ka atta

At least 400 people in Delhi fell sick after eating kuttu ka atta or buckwheat on Tuesday night. Hundreds of people had to be rushed to a hospital after they suffered from vomiting and loss of consciousness.

UPDATED: April 14, 2021 16:37 IST

At least 400 residents of the Kalyanpuri area of East Delhi were hospitalised on Tuesday night after they suffered from vomiting and loss of consciousness. The doctors suspect that they fell sick after eating adulterated kuttu ka atta or buckwheat.

The patients suffering from food poisoning started pouring into the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital in the area after around 11 PM. While several patients were vomiting, many others lost consciousness. However, no lives were lost as the doctors were able to stabilise all patients.

All the patients with food poisoning symptoms said that they had eaten kuttu at dinner. Kuttu ka atta or buckwheat is a common flour consumed during the Navratri festivities in India.

Delhi Police has said that they have not received in the matter however they will investigate it to find out the culprit behind the mass food poisoning. The cops said that they will trace the mill that sold the adulterated buckwheat flour.

This is not the first incident where adulterated buckwheat flour led to mass food poisoning in Delhi. In 2011, over 200 people had fallen sick in Delhi after eating adulterated kuttu ka atta.

Sourcehttps://www.indiatoday.in/cities/delhi/story/400-people-fall-sick-in-delhi-after-eating-adulterated-kuttu-ka-atta-1790873-2021-04-14

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button