Khichdi has been a necessary piece of Indian food since days of yore. The word has its underlying foundations in the Sanskrit word “khiccha”, a dish cooked with rice and lentils. This unassuming dish has satisfied our appetite at whatever point we’ve longed for something light and has given us the much-need solace on days when we’ve not felt our best. Not just this, khichdi is likewise very flexible and offers a large group of medical advantages. We Indians love this one-pot dish such a lot of that you’ll track down various assortments of khichdi in various conditions of the country. Today, we present to you a rundown of famous khichdi recipes from across India that you ought to attempt. Investigate.
1. Bajra Khichdi, RajasthanA staple dish in pretty much every Rajasthani family, bajra khichdi is very exceptional as it utilizes no rice. In contrast to in different pieces of India, where rice is the fundamental fixing in khichdi, Rajasthani khichdi is made of bajra (millet). It is ordinarily presented with backups like garlic chutney, home-made pickles and curd. Certain individuals likewise decorate this khichdi with dry organic products. Click here for the recipe.
2. Gujarati Khichdi, GujaratThis rich and flavourful dish has a set of experiences related with it. It is trusted that the organizer behind Ahmedabad, Ruler Ahmed Shah I, was so attached to khichdi that he used to have it consistently. It is predominant all around the state now and comes in various structures like sweet, appetizing and regardless of vegetables. This khichdi is commonly presented with sweet Gujarati kadhi.
3. Bihari Khichdi, BiharOne of the most famous dishes in the state, Bihari khichdi is made with fixings like rice, moong dal, ginger, chillies and urad dal. It is finished off with a treating of ghee and hing. This dish acquires significantly greater prevalence during the Makar Sankranti festivities. Bihari khichdi is best delighted in with choka, a dish made with crushed potato and brinjal.4. Bisi Bele Shower, KarnatakaBisi bele shower is a well known solace food of Karnataka. It is a flavorsome, zesty and somewhat tart dish made with rice, lentils, blended vegetables and a fragrant zest blend. Bisi bele shower is very like khichdi and makes for a healthy feast. Top it with a liberal showering of desi ghee to savor its taste. Click here for the recipe of Bisi Bele Shower.
5. Khichuri, West BengalMention Bengal and the main thing that typically strikes a chord is macher jhol, rosogolla and biryani. In any case, did you realize Bengal has its own variant of khichdi? Khichuri, as prevalently known by local people, has a porridge-like surface and is made with rice, moong dal, ginger and tons of desi ghee. It has a somewhat sweet taste and is best delighted in with tomato chutney and seared Hilsa fish. Click here for the recipe of Khichuri.
6. Pongal, Tamil NaduPongal, otherwise called pongali or huggi, is Tamil Nadu’s rendition of khichdi. It is normally made during the festivals of the gather season and is accessible in both hot and sweet varieties. Chakarai pongal, which is sweet, is stacked with simmered dry organic products. Then again, venn pongal is somewhat zesty and has a rich decorating of powdered pepper. Click here for the recipe of Pongal.
7. Keema Khichdi, Andhra PradeshKeema khichdi is the just non-veggie lover variant of khichdi on the rundown. This khichdi was made by the Nizams of Hyderabad and tastes very like Hyderabadi biryani; notwithstanding, it is cooked in an unexpected way. Keema khichdi is very healthy and is normally presented with ‘khatta’, a tart side dish that is to some degree like salan.
All in all, what are you hanging tight for? Give a shot these khichdi recipes and let us in on which one was your number one in the remarks underneath.