Lucknow, 30 September 2020, (Updated 30 September 2020, 3:14 PM IST)
The structure of Babri Masjid was demolished in Ayodhya on 6 December 1992. After 28 years, the decision of the special CBI court came in this case, in which the court said that there is not enough evidence against the accused. Therefore, all 32 accused are acquitted. In this case, many people like Kalyan Singh, including senior BJP leaders Lal Krishna Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi, and Uma Bharti were accused.
On Wednesday (September 30), Judge Surendra Kumar Yadav of Lucknow’s special CBI court said that the incident was not pre-planned, but happened suddenly. At the same time, the court also said that the mob had demolished the structure, while the people who were accused tried to stop the structure from collapsing.
Judge Surendra Kumar Yadav has ruled in this case 28 years old. The court has not considered the evidence presented in this case sufficiently. In the 2300-page judgment, the court has said that the Vishwa Hindu Parishad had no role in demolishing the structure, but some anti-social elements had stoned from behind and some mischievous elements were involved in demolishing the structure.
The court has clearly stated that no evidence was sufficient to prove the allegation. Let me tell you that all the accused in this case were serious charges like a conspiracy but the court has said that the evidence presented does not prove it and the incident of demolition was sudden, it was not a conspiracy.
The CBI had produced 351 witnesses in this case, while 600 documents were also kept in the court as evidence. The court has said that no strong evidence has been found against the accused.
Those who were accused tried to save the structure
The court while making its decision also made many important comments. The court said that the evidence, in this case, was tampered with and the way the photo, video, or photocopy was proved cannot be accepted as evidence. At the same time, the court also said that the people who were accused, they had tried to save Babri’s structure because the crowd suddenly came there and the mob itself demolished the structure.
It is worth noting that in this case LK Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi, Kalyan Singh, Uma Bharti, Vinay Katiyar, Sadhvi Ritambhara, Mahant Nritya Gopal Das, Dr. Ram Vilas Vedanti, Champat Rai, Mahant Dharmadas, Satish Pradhan, Pawan Kumar Pandey, Lallu Singh, Prakash Sharma, Vijay Bahadur Singh, Santosh Dubey, Gandhi Yadav, Ramji Gupta, Braj Bhushan Sharan Singh, Kamlesh Tripathi, Ramchandra Khatri, Jai Bhagwan Goyal, Om Prakash Pandey, Amar Nath Goyal, Jaibhan Singh Powaiya, Maharaj Swami Sakshi, Vinay Kumar Rai, Naveen Bhai Shukla, RN Srivastava, Acharya Dharmendra Dev, Sudhir Kumar Kakkar, and Dharmendra Singh Gurjar were accused.
26 of these 32 accused reached Lucknow court on Wednesday. While LK Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi, Kalyan Singh, Uma Bharti, Satish Pradhan, and Nritya Gopas Das were involved in the court proceedings through video conferencing. Judge Surendra Kumar Yadav gave his decision in front of all these accused.
A total of 49 accused were made at the beginning of this case. Of these, 17 have already died. Among those who died were Ashok Singhal, Giriraj Kishore, Vishnu Hari Dalmia, Moreshwar Sawain, Mahant Avaidyanath, Mahamandaleshwar Jagdish Muni Maharaj, Baikunth Lal Sharma, Paramhans Ramchandra Das, Dr. Satish Nagar, Balasaheb Thackeray, the then SSP DB Rai, Ramesh Pratap Singh, Mahatagi The names of Hargovind Singh, Lakshmi Narayan Das, Ram Narayan Das, and Vinod Kumar Bansal are included.
This was a very old case on which an important decision has come. Earlier in November 2019, the Supreme Court has given the verdict on the Ram Janmabhoomi dispute and after the decision in favor of the temple, the foundation of the Ram temple has also been laid in Ayodhya.