Education

CBSE Class 12 results to be declared by July 31; evaluation criteria out

CBSE has finally announced the assessment plan to be followed for marking Class 12 students. It has also been decided that the results for the Class 12 Board are likely to be declared by July 31, 2021.

UPDATED: June 17, 2021 18:53 IST

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has finally come up with an assessment plan for marking class 12th students. Class 12 results will be announced by July 31. The efficiency of the scholars in Class 12 will be factored in by their past academic performances.

A 12-member committee appointed by CBSE to work on evaluation criteria also told the Supreme Court that the results for Class 12 are most likely to be declared by July 31, 2021.

ALSO READ- CISCE Class 12 Results to be out by July 30, CBSE evaluation strategy released

The formula for Class 12th results

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) told the Supreme Court about the scoring plan to be adopted by schools to mark the students of Class 12. CBSE Class 12 results will be evaluated and announced on the basis of student’s past academic performances in Class 10th, 11th, and preboards.

CBSE also said that the results for Class 12th students will be declared by 31 July 2021.

Most importantly, talking about the evaluation criteria, the total marks for Class 12th results will be constituted in a ratio of 30: 30: 40 (X, XI, and pre-boards) formula.

It means about 40 per cent of the weightage will be given to Class 12th pre-boards, and the rest of the 60 per cent 30 per cent, will be based on class 11 final exams and 10th exams, respectively.

Furthermore, regarding the practicals, CBSE told the bench of Justices AM Khanwilkar and Dinesh Maheshwari that the practicals would carry 100 marks and the students would be assessed based on marks submitted by the schools.

The Supreme Court had also allotted two weeks’ time to CBSE and Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) to come up with an objective criterion to mark Class 12 students in case they need results for college and competitive exams.

General KK Venugopal told the court, “If a student is unable to meet the qualifying criteria now spread across three years of study, they will be placed in the “important repeat” or “compartment” category. Students who are not satisfied can appear again when the CBSE conducts the Class 12 board exams”.

Notably, last month a PIL was filed by the parents in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of CBSE class 12th board exams.

Keeping in mind the deadly pandemic across the country and prioritizing the safety of students, the government decided to cancel the CBSE Class 12 board exams on June 1, 2021. Soon after CBSE, CISCE also decided to scrap the examinations for its ISC students.

Source-https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/news/story/cbse-announces-class-12-assessment-plan-results-to-be-announced-by-july-31-1816005-2021-06-17

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: