|Randeep Hooda Biography|
|Full Name||Dr. Randeep Guleria|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Black and White|
|Date of Birth||5 April 1959|
|Age (as in 2021)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|School||St. Columba’s School|
|College/University||IGMC, Shimla, affiliated with Himachal Pradesh University|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)|
|Awards||2010: Swasth Bharat Award
2011: Himachal Gaurav Award
2014: Lung India Award and Dr. B C Roy National Awards
2015: Padma Shri, the fourth highest Indian civilian award by the Government of India
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Dr. Kiran Guleria|
|Parents||Father– Jagdev Singh Guleria
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Sandeep Guleria
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Randeep Guleria Biography
- Dr Randeep Guleria is Professor and Head, Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Disorders at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, where he has been working for the last 23 years.
- He is the first Indian to get a Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- He joined AIIMS in 1992 as Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine and in the subsequent years he has been promoted to the post of Associate Professor, Additional Professor, and Professor.
- Dr. Randeep Guleria is associated with the World Health Organization (WHO) as a member of its Scientific Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on immunization and influenza vaccination.
- He is a life member of the Association of Physicians of India, the Indian Chest Society, and the National College of Chest Physicians of India.
- He also serves as a consultant to International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Vienna on issues related to radiation protection.
- Guleria was the personal physician to Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Prime Minister of India since 1998.
- He is a recipient of Raj Nanda Pulmonary Disease Fellowship from Raj Nanda Trust and the Royal College of Physicians, UK, and is an elected fellow (2011) of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS).
- He sits on the editorial boards of a number of medical journals such as the Indian Journal of Chest Diseases, Lung India, JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association, and Chest India.
- Randeep Guleria was included by the Government of India in the 2015 Republic Day honours list for the civilian award of Padma Shri.
- He is regarded as one of India’s leading medical expert.
- “It’s better to use the correct name because the colour of the fungus may seem different according to the part of the body in which it is growing,” Dr Guleria said.
- “Fungal infections like mucormycosis, candida and aspergillus are commonly seen in people with weak immunity,” said Dr Randeep Guleria.
Till We Win: India’s fight against the COVID-19 Pandemic is a book authored by Chandrakant Lahariya, Gagandeep Kang and Randeep Guleria.
The book became a national bestseller within the first week of release (The Asian Age National bestseller list; 20 Dec 2020). This book provides a unique blend of information on macro (health policy) as well as micro (how to stay safe in and during the pandemic period) issues.