|Full Name:||Syed Emraan Anwar Hashmi|
|Birthplace:||Pulgaon, Maharashtra, India|
|Emraan Hashmi Biography|
|Full Name||Emraan Anwar Hashmi|
|Nickname(s)||Emmi, Serial Kisser|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||centimeters– 173 cm
meters– 1.73 m
feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||24 March 1979|
|Age (as in 2021)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Pulgaon, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film: Footpath (2003)
|Address||A duplex in Bandra, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Playing Video Games, Collecting Watches, Doing Photography|
|Controversies||• In 2009, after not getting a flat in the ‘Nibbana cooperative housing society’ in the Pali Hill area, Bandra, Mumbai, he accused the society of doing “religious discrimination” against him as they refused a no-objection certificate (NOC) to purchase a flat in the society because of his religion, which was denied by the society.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||December 14, 2006|
|Wife/Spouse||Parveen Shahani (m.2006-present)
|Children||Son– Ayaan Hashmi (born in 2010)
|Parents||Father– Anwar Hashmi (Businessman, Actor)
|Siblings||Brother– Calvin Hashmi
|Favorite Actor(s)||Bollywood: Sanjay Dutt, Dilip Kumar
Hollywood: Michael J Fox, Jack Nicholson
|Favorite Actress||Sridevi, Katrina Kaif|
|Favorite Perfume||Eternity by Calvin Klein|
|Favorite Brand(s)||Diesel, G-Star, Replay, Dsquared2, Hugo Boss, Audemars Piguet|
|Favorite Restaurant||Bademiya in Mumbai|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Black, White, Blue|
|Cars Collection||BMW 5 Series, Audi A8, Honda Civic
|Bike Collection||Ducati Diavel
|Salary (approx.)||₹10-12 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$14 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emraan Hashmi Biography
- Does Emraan Hashmi smoke?: No
- Does Emraan Hashmi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Emraan was born to a Muslim father and a Christian (Catholic) mother and his loved ones used to call him Emmi.
- His paternal grandfather, Shauqat Hashmi, migrated to Pakistan after the 1947 Indo-Pak partition, while his grandmother, Meherbano Mohammad Ali (a.k.a Purnima), was an actress, who stayed back in India.
- He is a relative of the Bhatt family; as he is the maternal nephew of Mahesh Bhatt and cousin of Alia Bhatt, Rahul Bhatt, Pooja Bhatt, and Shaheen Bhatt.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in acting.
- He did many ad commercials as a child. Here’s a video of one of his commercials:
- He is married to his long-time beau Parveen and prefers to keep his personal life hidden from the media.
- Before his debut, he worked as an assistant director in Bipasha Basu and Dino Morea starrer ‘Raaz’ (2002).
- He was supposed to make his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar’ (2001) alongside Ameesha Patel but was rejected later; as the makers of the film felt that he was not fit for the role.
- After making his debut, he changed his screen name from Emraan to Farhan Hashmi, but after the release of his next film Murder, he again changed it to Emraan Hashmi.
- His movie “Murder” made a turning point to his career, and he received great laurels from the viewers for this film. He also got the tag of Serial Kisser after this.
- Though he is known for his kissing scenes, ‘Awarapan’ (2006) was an exception that had no kissing scenes.
- In an interview, he was asked about his best and worst on-screen kiss, to which he replied that his Murder 2 kiss with Jacqueline Fernandez was the best and the one with Mallika Sherawat in Murder was the worst one.
- He hates parties and socializing; as it makes him bored.
- Emraan was spotted in a very different look in the film Shanghai; he was seen with paunch and dirty teeth, and his performance was critically acclaimed.
- He has done a lot of commercials also, but he chooses very wisely the type of commercials he wants to do.
- He had struggled through the most difficult part of his life when his four-year-old son was detected with cancer.
- In 2016, his autobiographical book ‘The Kiss of Life’ was released in which he shared his experience dealing with his 3-year-old son Ayaan’s cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- More than his movies, his songs make a buzz and accumulate half of the cost of the movie alone.
- He told that he doesn’t like watching movies since his childhood.
- He is a gadget freak.
- Emraan is fond of buying the latest cars and bikes.