EntertainmentNews

In Javed Akhtar vs Kangana Ranaut defamation case, both miss court hearing

For the first time, Javed Akhtar fails to attend the hearing of his own case against Kangana Ranaut. The actress too filed an exemption citing personal difficulty.

March 26, 2021UPDATED: March 26, 2021 14:31 IST

Bollywood lyricist Javed Akhtar, who has appeared in every hearing of the case that he has filed against actor Kangana Ranaut, could not come to Andheri Magistrate court on Friday, as he is under the weather. Kangana Ranaut, who had been to Andheri Magistrate court yesterday to get her bailable warrant cancelled, also filed an exemption saying that she had personal work and so could not come to court.

Javed Akhtar has appeared 6 times in the case since November 2020 while Kangana has appeared one time to get the bailable warrant cancelled on March 15.

JAVED AKHTAR UNDER THE WEATHER

Javed Akhtar’s lawyer Jay Bharadwaj told the court that Akhtar had some personal work and was feeling unwell so could not come to the court. In addition, the court also wanted to know if there is an application pending in any other court. Jay Bhardwaj informed the court that a revision application had been filed by Kangana in Dondoshi court which was simply adjourned on March 15. No relief has been granted in the case and the next hearing is scheduled for April 3. The Andheri Magistrate court accepted the exemption applications filed by both Kangana and Akhtar. The next hearing on the case has been scheduled for April 30.

JAVED AKHTAR vs KANGANA RANAUT

Javed Akhtar had filed a criminal defamation case against Kangana because of a television interview she had given last year. In the interview, Kangana had spoken about her conversation with Javed Akhtar at his house, where a doctor was also present. Javed Akhtar had told the court that Kangana Ranaut had made defamatory comments against him in the interview.

The plea filed by Javed Akhtar says that he had built his reputation from scratch in the last 55 years and Kangana Ranaut has made baseless comments on national television and social media against him, damaging his reputation. Javed Akhtar told the court that Kangana Ranaut dragged his name while referring to a “coterie” existing in Bollywood, following the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput in June last year. Meanwhile, the doctor’s testimony has also been gathered by the police.

KANGANA’S PLEA FOR CANCELLATION OF BAILABLE WARRANT

Kangana Ranaut has approached Dindoshi Sessions Court in Mumbai and challenged the proceedings before the Metropolitan Magistrate Court at Andheri in a criminal defamation complaint filed by lyricist Javed Akhtar against her for her statements made in a TV interview. The hearing of the case was adjourned to April 3, 2021.

READ  Peter Capaldi, Cush Jumbo to lead Apple show Criminal Record

Kangana Ranaut has filed a criminal revision application, challenging the order passed by the Magistrate, under which she was summoned to court. She alleges that she was summoned by the court without complying with the provisions of the Criminal Procedure Code. She has also challenged the action of issuing a bailable warrant against her.

Sourcehttps://www.indiatoday.in/movies/celebrities/story/in-javed-akhtar-vs-kangana-ranaut-defamation-case-both-miss-court-hearing-1783879-2021-03-26

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: