October 08, 2020, 10:51 am IST
- Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has said India’s rising recovery rate and progressively falling active cases have proven the success of the Centre-led COVID-19 containment strategy.
More than 8.3 crore tests are conducted in India till now, as per the government’s “test, track and treat” policy, the Health Ministry tweeted.
- Most new COVID cases, about 18 percent of all cases within the country, were reported from Maharashtra (14,578), followed by almost 11,000 new cases in Karnataka, then Kerala with quite 10,000 cases, with Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, both, reporting about 5,000 cases each. These states together accounted for nearly 60 percent of all cases reported within the country.
- With 335 deaths, Maharashtra also reported the foremost COVID fatalities within the 24-hour period, followed by Karnataka (113), Tamil Nadu (67), West Bengal (58), and Uttar Pradesh (47). Together these states account for 640 deaths or 66 percent of all COVID fatalities within the country.
- Maharashtra, which has recorded a complete of 15 lakh COVID cases till now – highest within the country – has also become the primary state to manage the rates of face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic and a proper order will soon be issued. Health Minister Rajesh Tope confirmed that now prices of N-95 maks are going to be available for around ₹ 19 to ₹ 50 countings on the sort, while the double and triple layer masks are going to be available for just ₹ 3 to ₹ 4.
- Kerala, which recorded quite 10,000 new coronavirus cases today – its highest single-day count thus far – has banned large gatherings in the capital Thiruvananthapuram till October 31.
- The IRCTC has said it’ll restart the primary set of “private” Tejas Express trains from October 17. Every alternate seat on the Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai trains are going to be kept vacant; passengers are going to be thermally screened before entering the coach; they’re going to not be allowed to exchange seats. they’re going to tend a “COVID-19 protection kit” and wearing a mask would be compulsory.
After the US, which has 75 lakh coronavirus cases, India is that the second worst-hit country by the coronavirus pandemic, followed by Brazil.
- Brazil passed the mark of 5 million confirmed COVID-19 cases on Wednesday because it approached 1.5 lakh deaths within the second most deathly coronavirus outbreak outside the US which has recorded quite 2 lakh COVID deaths.
- As the world battles coronavirus, the top of the planet Health Organization said on Tuesday a vaccine against COVID-19 could also be ready by year-end. Nine experimental vaccines are within the line-up of the WHO-led COVAX global vaccine facility that aims to distribute 2 billion doses by the top of 2021.