|Kirron Kher Biography|
|Full Name||Kiran Thakar Singh Kher|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||2009: Joined the BJP
2011: Campaigned for the BJP in the 2011 municipal corporation elections in Chandigarh
2014: In the Lok Sabha Elections, won the Chandigarh seat with 1,91,362 votes, defeating Congress’ Pawan Bansal and AAP’s Gul Panag
2019: Won the Lok Sabha elections from the Chandigarh Constituency for the second time
|Date of Birth||14 June 1955|
|Age (as of 2021)||66 Years|
|College/University||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||Master Of Arts (English Literature) From Department Of English, Panjab University, Chandigarh in 1973|
|Debut||Film: Aasra Pyaar Da (Punjabi, 1983)
Television: Isi Bahane (Hindi, 1988)
|Family||Father– Thakhar Singh Sandhu
Mother– Diljit Kaur
|Address||H.No.23, Sector- 7-A, Chandigarh-160018|
|Favorite Food||Samosa, Punjabi Food|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Anupam Kher, Sunil Dutt|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Gautam Berry (Businessman)
Anupam Kher (Actor)
|Husband||Gautam Berry (Businessman)
|Children||Sons– Sikandar Kher, Actor (Born 31 October, 1981)
|Car||Mercedes Benz (2013 model)|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Deposit: Rs. 21 Crore
Bonds/Shares: Rs. 1.39 Crore
Vehicles: Worth Rs. 2 Crore
Jewelry: Worth Rs. 4.85 Crore
Commercial Building: Worth Rs. 5.5 Crore (in sector 17 E Chandigarh)
Residential Buildings: Worth Rs. 10 Crore (in Chandigarh, Shimla, and Mumbai)
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 47.5 Crore (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kirron Kher Biography
- Does Kirron Kher smoke?: No
- Does Kirron Kher drink alcohol?: No
- She loves numerology and has changed her name from “Kiran” to “Kirron” in 2008.
- In her childhood, she used to play badminton along with her sister Kanwal Thakar Kaur (Arjun Award-winning badminton player).
- She tried to pursue her acting aspiration in Mumbai throughout the 1980s, but without success.
- When she met Anupam Kher, he was also a struggling actor.
- In 1985, Kirron and Anupam, both worked in a play called “Chadnpuri ki Champabai”.
- In the 1990s, she hosted three television shows – “Purushkshetra”, “Kiron Kher Today” and “Jagte Raho with Kiron Kher”.
- In 1999, she won National Award for Best Actress for the Bengali Film “Bariwali” directed by Rituparno Ghosh.
- In 2002, she was nominated for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for the film “Devdas”.
- In 2003, she won numerous international awards for Best Actress for the film “Khamosh Paani”.
- She also made a guest appearance in an American TV series “ER”, in October 2004.
- In 2006, she got her second nomination for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for the film “Rang De Basanti”.
- Kirron Kher appeared as a judge in the “India’s Got Talent” series in the year 2009.
- She has been involved with a non-profit movement against female infanticide called “Laadli”.
- In 2009, she joined the “Bhartiya Janata Party” (a political party).
- In 2011, she also participated in Anti-Corruption Movement led by Anna Hazare.
- She has been an admirer of Narendra Modi since long before he became Prime Minister of India.
- For the General Elections, 2014, BJP declared her as the Lok Sabha Candidate from Chandigarh.
- In May 2014, she became the Member of Parliament (MP) from Chandigarh by defeating Pawan Kumar Bansal.
- She promised a Film City for Chandigarh and Chandigarh Administration has accepted her proposal.
- On 10 January 2019, she was caught on camera giving funny reactions during a Parliament session, which had gone viral on the internet.
- On 1 April 2021, Arun Sood, the city BJP chief of Chandigarh announced that Kher was suffering from multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer.