News

NCB comes out in defence of Sameer Wankhade over Nawab Malik’s allegations

The Narcotics Control Bureau came out in defence of its Mumbai unit chief Sameer Wankhade, saying certain incorrect information has been shared on social media regarding him.

 

After NCP leader Nawab Malik levelled extortion allegations against Sameer Wankhade, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Thursday came out in defence of its Mumbai unit chief, saying certain incorrect information had been shared on social media regarding him.

NCP leader Nawab Malik on Thursday alleged that Wankhede, who is leading the probe in the drugs case involving Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan, was in Dubai and the Maldives when many of the Indian filmstars were there during the pandemic. He claimed that ‘vasuli’ (extortion) took place in the Maldives and Dubai and said he even has photographs to establish the same.

Hours later, the NCB released a statement saying certain incorrect information had been shared on social media regarding Sameer Wankhede.

The NCB said Sameer Wankhede was inducted as Zonal Director of its Mumbai unit on August 31 last year on a loan basis for the period of six months.

“After this, he has not submitted any application for ex-India leave to Dubai,” the NCB said.

The agency said that as per the approval of a Competent Authority, Wankhede has availed ex-lndia leave along with his family to the Maldives.

“As per the approval of Competent Authority vide NCB Order No. A 50/2/2021-Acctss/146 dated 27.07.2021, the officer has availed ex-India leave along with his family to the Maldives,” the NCB said.

What did Nawab Malik claim against Sameer Wankhede?

Nawab Malik alleged that Sameer Wankhede and his family were in Dubai and Maldives when many of some film stars were there during the pandemic.

“We demand that he clarifies whether he was in Dubai. Was his family there in the Maldives when the entire film industry was there? What was the reason?” he asked.

“We are very clear. All this vasooli (extortion) took place in Maldives and Dubai and I will release those photos,” Malik said.

Later in a tweet, Malik shared two photographs saying, “Sameer Wankhade has accepted the fact that he had visited the Maldives but he denies the visit to Dubai. Here is the proof of his visit to Dubai with his sister. Sameer Wankhade was at Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai on 10th December 2020. His lie stands exposed.”

What did Sameer Wankhede say?

Speaking exclusively to India Today, Sameer Wankhede said his family was being attacked by Nawab Malik and he would take legal recourse in the matter.

“The minister is saying wrong things. It is an absolute lie. I went to the Maldives with my children for a vacation. I took proper permission from the competent authority for the same. I didn’t meet anyone and I don’t want to give any further clarification on these kinds of accusations. In December, I was in Mumbai, at the time when he said I was in Dubai. This can be investigated,” Wankhede said.

“My family is continuously being attacked — from my sister to my father. This is only because I am fighting for the truth and against drug activity. I will take appropriate legal action as the minister has levelled many wrong accusations. I will take legal recourse. We have a justice system, I will take their help after taking permission from my seniors,” he added.

Source-https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/ncb-comes-out-in-defence-sameer-wankhade-nawab-malik-allegations-1867685-2021-10-21

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: