Aheavy police force has been deployed in Noida ahead of the mahapanchayat called by members of the Tyagi community in support of Shrikant Tyagi, who was recently arrested. The congregation started around 10 am at the Ramlila ground in Gejha village on the call of locals even as hundreds of community members from parts of western Uttar Pradesh like Ghaziabad, Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr, Baghpat and Hapur reached here for the programme.
Over 4,000 police personnel have been brought near the area of the mahapanchayat. 1,500 officials have been put in place near the Ramleela Maidan where the panchayat is taking place.
The Noida Traffic Police issued a traffic diversion plan for commuters ahead of the mahapanchayat. Shrikant Tyagi, a self-proclaimed member of the BJP, was arrested on August 9, days after a video of his misbehaviour with a woman for opposing encroachment in a Noida housing society went viral.
The mahapanchayat is taking place at the Ramlila Grounds in Sector 110 of the industrial city where fifty thousand members of the Tyagi community from across western UP have gathered. The community has claimed that Tyagi has been charged under false sections while his family is harassed during the course of the investigation.
The Tyagi community has been defamed because of the arrest, the community leaders added.
The Bhartiya Kisan Union has also announced support to the protest in Noida by the Tyagi community and demanded his immediate release.
Here is the traffic diversion plan, as shared by Noida’s traffic police:
– Commuters going towards Noida and passing through the Lotus Blue Bird junction via the Phase-2 – Gejha – Maharshi Ashram Chowk route can reach their destination through the Faridabad flyover/Sector 105 Chowk via Gheja and Shramik Kunj.
– Those going towards Phase-2 through Hajipur Chowk and Louts Blue Bird junction via Maharshi Ashram Chowk are diverted to the Hajipur Chowk – Sector 105 Chowk – Shramik Kunj Chowk – Gejha/Eldeco Chowk route.
Noida, UP | Heavy police force deployed as Tyagi community assembles for the Mahapanchayat pic.twitter.com/cBFp2GhLpL
– Those using Link Road (Sector 71 to DSC Road) to travel to Phase-2 via Lotus Blue Bird Junction – Maharshi Ashram Chowk can pass through Samsung Chowk in Sector 81 or use the Sector 105 Chowk – Gejha – Eldeco Chowk route via Prateek Building – Lotus Blue Bird Junction – Hajipur Chowk.
– Those travelling towards Noida from Yatharth Hospital via Maharshi Ashram Chowk will be diverted to Shramik Kunj Chowk- Sector 105 Chowk – Hajipur Chowk.
– Phase-2 bound commuters from DSC Road via Maharshi Ahsram Chowk will travel through Prateek Building – Lotus Blue Bird junction – Hajipur Chowk via Sector 105 Chowk – Gejha – Eldeco Chowk.
– No traffic movement will be allowed between Lotus Blue Bird junction and Maharshi Ashram Chowk.
– The Noida Police also issue a helpline number – 9971009001 – for commuters for more information.
Shrikant Tyagi had gone into hiding after he was booked earlier this month. Police had then announced Rs 25,000 reward for information on him. He was arrested in Meerut on August 9 after a five-day chase.