|Priyanka Chopra Biography|
|Nickname(s)||Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, PC|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||centimeters- 169 cm
meters- 1.69 m
Feet Inches- 5′ 6½”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-28-35|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1982|
|Age (as in 2020)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Hometown||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
Army School, Bareilly
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Debut||Film Debut: Thamizhan (2002, Tamil film), The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003, Bollywood film)
TV Debut: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010, as host)
Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil Film- Thamizhan)
|Family||Father– Late Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)
|Address||Green Acres at Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Singing, writing poems, reading, photography|
|Controversies||• After the rumors of her alleged affair with Akshay Kumar, she and Akshay Kumar mutually decided not to work together post-Waqt.
• Her alleged affair with Shah Rukh Khan created a lot of fire. It all incepted when Shah Rukh started giving special treatment to Priyanka recommending her to filmmakers to cast her in the film. Also, her regular visits to Shah Rukh‘s house Mannat and also at various other events miffed his wife Gauri Khan. After all these sequences of incidents, Gauri made it clear that she didn’t want her husband to work with Priyanka anymore, and as a result, both stopped working with each other.
• After she shared her photo on the cover of Maxim India where the actor looked flawless, it went viral, not because of her beauty but her armpits that many thoughts looked photoshopped without any underarm wrinkles.
• She had a Twitter battle with comedian Tanmay Bhat after he mocked her accent just like many others on social media. “When I say @priyankachopra’s name in my head I now automatically pronounce it like “Priyaaaanka Chopruh”,” he tweeted.
• On 1 June 2018, in an episode of the International TV show ‘Quantico,’ Priyanka played the role of an anti-terrorist officer who stopped a nuclear attack in Manhattan just a few days before an India-Pakistan summit. During her investigations, she finds a “Rudraksha” rosary, a religious Hindu symbol on the neck of a suspect to carry out the attack that was devised by Indian nationalists to frame Pakistan in a nuclear terror attack. This stirred controversy as most of the Indians slammed Priyanka for tarnishing the image of India globally. As a measure to control the outrage, she took to her Twitter handle and apologized.
|Favorite Food(s)||Risotto, Burgers, French fries, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry, Sarson ka saag, Bourbon biscuits, Red velvet cake|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Matthew McConaughey, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar, and Dharmendra|
|Favorite Actresses||Rekha and Sushmita Sen|
|Favorite Film(s)||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
Hollywood: Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds
|Favorite Song(s)||“Careless Whispers” by George Micheal, “I Will Always Love You” By Sarah Washington|
|Favourite Book(s)||Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Tell me your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon, Letters from a Father to His Daughter by Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Favorite Fashion Designer||Prabal Gurung|
|Favorite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Romance|
|Favorite Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Favorite Destination(s)||Paris, Brazil, and Mexico|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aseem Merchant (Model)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, rumor)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
Nick Jonas (Singer-Songwriter)
|Engagement Date||18 August 2018|
|Marriage Date||December 1, 2018 (as per Christian rituals)
December 2, 2018 (as per Hindu rituals)
|Marriage Place||Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur|
|Husband/Spouse||Nick Jonas (m. 2018-present)
|Cars Collection||Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz E Class, and BMW 7 Series|
|Salary (approx.)||₹9-10 crore/film
$4 million/year for a TV show (USR)
|Income (as in 2020)||₹73 crore/annum|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$50 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priyanka Chopra Biography
- Does Priyanka Chopra smoke?: Yes
- Does Priyanka Chopra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Priyanka was born in a family of physicians, as her parents were physicians in the Indian Army.
- Due to her parent’s regular transfers, she relocated to different places such as Bareilly, Lucknow, Delhi, Pune, Ladakh, Chandigarh, Ambala, and Mumbai.
- After finishing high school, she participated in a local beauty contest called ‘May Queen,’ which she won.
- At the age of 18, she won the Femina Miss India contest in 2000, where Shah Rukh Khan was one of the judges.
- Though she wanted to make her career in criminal psychology, after winning the Miss India contest, she dropped the idea as she was getting many film offers.
- Many people think that she made her acting debut with the Bollywood film The Hero: Love Story Of A Spy (2003), but she actually made her acting debut with a Tamil film called Thamizhan (2003).
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Ek Haseena Ek Deewana, opposite Govinda, but the film got shelved.
- It was Abhishek Bachchan, who gave her the name Piggy Chops during the shooting of the film Bluffmaster.
- Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Barbie Handa are her cousin sisters who are also actresses in Bollywood.
- She was the original choice for Umrao Jaan in 2006, but due to her busy schedule, the role was done by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- She won the National Award – Best Actress for her film ‘Fashion’ (2008).
- She played 12 different characters (for each zodiac sign) in the film What’s Your Raashee? (2009).
- She is a trained singer in western classical music, and released her first single, In My City, in the US in September 2012.
- She is a close friend of Hollywood actor Gerard Butler.
- She is a gadget freak and loves collecting cameras.
- She is the first Indian actress whose foot impression was taken in Italy’s famous Salvatore Ferragamo Museum.
- She always carries candies in her purse.
- It is believed that she underwent a series of plastic surgeries to enhance her nose and lips.
- She is an animal lover and adopted a tigress, Durga, and a lioness Sundari, who live in Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park.
- She was skeptical about signing Quantico in 2015, due to its long duration.
- A few weeks after their marriage, Priyanka and Nick got their Simpsons caricatures by the “The Simpsons” illustrators Stefano Monda and Rino Russo.
- She has a pet dog named Diana. Her dog, Diana, also has an Instagram page with thousands of followers.
View this post on Instagram
If you snooze… You loooo.. ah crap! Never mind you can get it later ? #WednesdayWisdom
A post shared by Diana Chopra (@diariesofdiana) on
Chopra has won a National Film Award for Best Actress for Fashion (2008) and five Filmfare Awards: Best Female Debut for Andaaz (2003), Best Performance in a Negative Role for Aitraaz (2004), Best Actress for Fashion (2008), Critics Award for Best Actress for 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), and Best Supporting Actress for Bajirao Mastani (2015).
She has also won two People’s Choice Awards: “Favourite Actress In A New TV Series”, and “Favorite Dramatic TV Actress” for Quantico. She is the first South Asian actress to win a People’s Choice Award.
In 2016, she was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the Government of India for her contribution to arts.