Technology

PUBG Mobile may have received government nod for relaunch

PUBG Mobile was banned by the Indian government last year for being prejudicial to the country's sovereignty.

UPDATED: March 30, 2021 15:58 IST

PUBG Mobile India will be released only after the Indian government gives approval. Several instances so far have pointed out largely one thing and that is the government not budging over its decision around the ban. But, reportedly, Krafton, the parent company of PUBG Mobile, may have made headway in the matter. And this is big news. There is a rumour that the Indian government has given permission to Krafton, the game developer, to relaunch PUBG in the country.

The information comes courtesy GodNixon, aka Luv Sharma, who runs a YouTube channel on PUBG Mobile and related content. In one of his recent videos, GodNixon cited some sources to say that the Indian government has “given the green signal” for the relaunch of PUBG Mobile. “According to sources, the government has given the green signal for the comeback of PUBG Mobile. However, the exact release date nor the month haven’t been finalized, but the game will indeed be returning. Some of the popular content creators, including Ghatak, had posted stories, dropping hints regarding the return,” said the YouTuber.

PUBG Mobile is said to have received approval of Indian government.
PUBG Mobile is said to have received approval from the Indian government.

According to another YouTuber who goes by TSM Ghatak and is famous for PUBG Mobile-related videos, the next two months are going to be very good for PUBG lovers in India. The translated version of his tweet says – “I was not going to reveal this, but the audience’s support could not stop me from making revelations. The following two months will be very good for PUBG lovers, and numerous exciting updates are coming soon for TSM lovers. Please do not ask for a date.”

We, at India Today Tech, could not verify these claims independently. This is why we recommend you take these claims with a pinch of salt. And unless Krafton makes an official announcement, there is clearly no way to tell what is happening on this front.

The government had banned PUBG Mobile last year for its Chinese association.
The government had banned PUBG Mobile last year for its Chinese association.

 

Last we heard from a Krafton official was at the India Gaming Conference when Sean Hyunil Sohn, head of corporate development at Krafton, had told Akshat Rathee, co-founder of Nodwin Gaming, that the company is working really hard to make PUBG Mobile India a reality. “I cannot tell the timing or anything because we don’t know yet. But what I can tell you is, we care about the Indian market greatly, and also, that’s how I get to know you and get to know friends in the Indian gaming industry now. So definitely, we will work hard to make it happen,” Sohn was quoted as saying.

The positive news from the Krafton official was something to rejoice over. And since he was speaking at an event that had the Indian government’s support, the progress in solving the impasse between Krafton and the government seemed like good news. But for now, there is no official word.

Sourcehttps://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/pubg-mobile-may-have-received-government-nod-for-relaunch-1785052-2021-03-30

 

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button