|Rahul Gandhi Biography|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||centimeters– 170 cm
meters– 1.70 m
feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• In 2004, he was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
• On 24 September 2007, he was appointed General Secretary of All India Congress Committee.
• He was also given charge of the National Student Union of India and Indian Youth Congress.
• In the 2009 General Elections, he retained his Lok Sabha seat from the Amethi constituency.
• In January 2013, he was elevated to the position of vice-president of the Indian National Congress.
• He retained his Lok Sabha seat from the Amethi constituency in the 2014 General Elections.
• On 11 December 2017, he was elected President of the Indian National Congress.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he registered a massive win from the Waynaad Constituency; however, he lost the Amethi seat to BJP’s Smriti Irani
• On 3 July 2019, he quit as Congress chief. Mr. Gandhi made the resignation letter public, in which he held himself accountable for the 2019 Lok Sabha loss.
|Biggest Rival||Narendra Modi|
|Date of Birth||19 June 1970|
|Age (as in 2020)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India (Ancestral origin – Lusiana, Italy)|
|School(s)||• St. Columba’s School, Delhi, India
• The Doon School, The Mall Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
|College/University||• St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, India
• Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
• Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, U.S.
• Trinity College, Cambridge, England
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts from Rollins College, Florida, United States
• M.Phil from Trinity College, Cambridge, England
|Caste||Kashmiri Brahmin (Dattatreya)|
|Blood Group||B (-ve)|
|Address||12, Tughlak Lane, New Delhi|
|Controversies||• In December 2010, he was criticized for his comment that Hindu extremism is more dangerous than Islamic militancy.
• In February 2014, he was criticized when his college certificate name and date did not match with what he had claimed.
• In October 2012, he faced allegations for raping a girl in Uttar Pradesh along with his friends. Later, the charge was however dropped by the Supreme Court.
• In August 2013, he was criticized for his statement that poverty is only a “state of mind.”
• In May 2011, Uttar Pradesh Police arrested him for protesting against a highway project along with farmers at Bhatta Parsaul village.
• He was also charged for corruption in the National Herald Case.
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Veronique Cartelli (a Spanish architect) from Venezuela
|Parents||Father– Rajiv Gandhi (Former Indian Prime Minister)
Sister– Priyanka Gandhi
|Relatives||Brother-in-Law– Robert Vadra (Businessman)
|Favorite Food(s)||Noodles, Cold Drinks, Coastal Indian Dishes|
|Favorite Politician(s)||Rajiv Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1 Lakh + other allowances (As an MP)|
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||Immovable Assets
• A piece of farmland in Delhi’s Sultanpur Village and two office premises in Gurgaon worth Rs. 10.08 Crore
• 333.3 gm of gold jewelry worth Rs. 5.80 Crore
Note: In his affidavit in 2019, he mentioned that he did not own a car to his name
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 15.88 Crore (As in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Gandhi Biography
- Does Rahul Gandhi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rahul Gandhi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rahul was born as the 1st of the 2 children of Rajiv Gandhi and Italy-born Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi, India.
- He is the grandson of late Indira Gandhi (Former Prime Minister of India) and Feroze Gandhi.
- He is the great-grandson of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Because of the Sikh extremism after Indira Gandhi’s assassination, Rahul was mostly home-schooled along with his sister.
- After his father’s assassination in 1991, he shifted to Rollins College from Harvard University due to security reasons.
- He used the name- “Raul Vinci” in his college days in order to keep his identity secret.
- After graduation, Rahul Gandhi worked at a management consulting firm in London- Monitor Group.
- He became one of the directors of Backops Services Private Ltd (a Mumbai-based technology outsourcing firm).
- In 2004, he announced to take part in active politics and contested his first Lok Sabha election from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh and won with a victory margin of over 1 lakh.
- Rahul Gandhi didn’t hold any position in the Indian National Congress until 2006.
- He is often mocked as ‘Pappu’ on social media. Once, former cabinet minister Venkaiah Naidu called him ‘Pappu Ji’ in the Lok Sabha. Since then social media has made many trolls of his name.
- In December 2017, Rahul Gandhi was elected the President of the Indian National Congress. He was elected unopposed as no other candidate filed his nomination.
- When Rahul Gandhi visited Singapore in 2018, his government’s development (in Congress Regimes) was questioned by a journalist.
- On 21 July 2018, during his speech in parliament, he unexpectedly hugged PM Narendra Modi and winked towards party colleagues.