|Date of Birth:||6 July 1985|
|Birthplace:||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height, Weight & Physical Stats|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||77 kg (170 lbs)|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
Ranveer Singh Biography
Ranveer Singh is an uprising Indian movie actor predominately working in Bollywood films. He is the winner of numerous awards, comprising of two Filmfare Awards, and is considered amongst the top paid actors across the country.
Ranveer Singh was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on 6th July 1985. He belongs to a Sindhi family. Ranveer has a sister named Ritika Bhavnani who is elder than him. He is the maternal cousin of film producer Rhea Kapoor and actress Sonam Kapoor, daughters of Anil Kapoor and wife named Sunita Kapoor.
Ranveer Singh had always desired to be a film actor since his childhood. Though, all through his college days, he realized that the idea of acting was implausible and solely focused on creative writing. Whilst completing his degree in Bachelor of Arts from Indiana University, Ranveer once again became fascinated with acting and after moving back towards India, he initiated auditioning for leading roles in the Bollywood film industry.
In the year 2010, Ranveer Singh made his first acting debut with a prominent role in Yash Raj Movie’s romantic comedy titled “Band Baaja Baaraat”. The film appeared as a commercial and critical success, earning Ranveer a Filmfare Award for The Best Male Debut.
Ranveer Singh rose to utmost fame with leading roles in the much-admired romantic film Lootera, a tragic romantic movie titled Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, a full of action movie titled Gunday, and a comedy movie titled Dil Dhadakne Do. Ranveer’s acclaimed depiction of Bajirao in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s historic romantic movie Bajirao Mastani, one of the top-grossing Bollywood movies and for which he received a number of awards including the Filmfare Award for The Best Actor, established him as a famous actor in the Bollywood film industry. Ranveer’s top-grossing film came with Bhansali’s retro drama Padmaavat, in which he represented Alauddin Khilji to critical acclamation.
Ranveer Singh started dating Deepika Padukone, his co-star in the movie Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela. In the year 2018, the couple proclaimed their impending marriage. The next month, they got married in old Konkani Hindu & Sikh Anand Karaj ceremonies held at Lake Como, Italy.
Ranveer Singh has also starred in Forbes India’s 100 Celebrity list since 2012, summiting at 8th position in 2018. In the same year, a magazine projected his annual earnings to be US$12 million and ranked him as the 5th top-paid actor in Bollywood. Ranveer was also featured thru GQ in their 50 most powerful young Indians listing for the year 2017. Besides his acting career, he endorsed a number of brands including Head & Shoulders, Adidas, Jack & Jones, Ching’s, Thumps Up, Durex and MakeMyTrip.
Facts You Never Knew About Ranveer Singh!
- Ranveer Singh debuts in an Indian movie titled Band Baaja Baaraat in the year 2010.
- He achieved utmost success in the Bollywood film Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela in the year 2013.
- In 2016, He received several awards like Zee Cine Award for The Best Actor Male.
- Ranveer was born in an educated family his father was a successful businessman. Ranveer is also graduated in arts.
- His most favorite food is Besan Laddoo and his Mom’s cooked Food.
- Ranveer Singh’s most favorite destination is London.
- Ranveer’s nickname is Bittoo.
- Ranveer Singh has had a successful run in his career and is at the top of his game.
- Ranveer Singh is one of the most versatile actors of Bollywood. The actor has received a lot of appreciation for his portrayal of Alauddin Khilji in ‘Padmaavat’.
- Ranveer Singh is certainly the first choice when it comes to choosing someone for a power-packed performance.
- Ranveer Singh has come a long way in Bollywood and has proved his mettle by exploring a variety of roles from playing a Casanova to a warrior and now a villain.
- Ranveer Singh is known for his magnanimous energy both on and off the screen and therefore provides vigor everywhere that he goes.
Ranveer Singh Education
Qualification: Bachelor of Arts
School: Learners’ Academy, Mumbai
College: H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
Ranveer Singh Gallery
Ranveer Singh Career
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film Debut: Band Baaja Baaraat (2010)
Salary: 15-25 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $42 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Jagjit Singh Bhavnani (Businessman)
Mother: Anju Bhavnani
Sister(s): Ritika Bhavnani (Elder)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Deepika Padukone
- Ahana Deol (During his college days)
- Anushka Sharma (Actress, Ex-girlfriend)
Ranveer Singh Favorites
Hobbies: Collecting shoes & hats, playing football, video games
Favorite Actor: Shah Rukh Khan and Johnny Depp
Favorite Food: Chocolates, Cheese, Besan Laddoo, Mutton Curry and Chinese cuisine
Favorite Color: Black
Personal life and media image
Singh began dating Deepika Padukone, his co-star in Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, in August 2012. In October 2018, the couple announced their impending marriage. The following month, they married in traditional Konkani Hindu and Sikh Anand Karaj (Singh’s paternal grandfather is Sikh) ceremonies at Lake Como, Italy.
Singh has appeared in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list since 2012, reaching his highest seventh position in 2019. That year, the magazine estimated his annual earnings to be ₹1.18 billion (US$17 million) and ranked him as the fifth highest-paid actor in the country. He was also featured by GQ in their listing of the 50 most influential young Indians of 2017 and 2019. In 2019, India Today featured him among the nation’s 50 most powerful people.
In addition to his acting career, Singh endorses several brands, including Adidas, Head & Shoulders, Ching’s, Jack & Jones, Thums Up, and MakeMyTrip. Duff & Phelps estimated his brand value to be US$63 million, in 2018, the fourth highest of Indian celebrities. In 2019, Singh launched his own record label named IncInk to promote local musicians.