|Salary:||Rs. 60 Crore|
|Salman Khan Biography|
|Full Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||centimeters- 174 cm
meters- 1.74 m
feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 Inches
– Waist: 35 Inches
– Biceps: 17 Inches
|Debut||Film: Biwi Ho To Aisi (supporting role) (1988)
TV: 10 Ka Dum (2008)
1990: Best Male Debut for Maine Pyaar Kiya
1999: Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota HaiNational Film Awards
2012: Best Children’s Film for Chillar Party
2016: Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment for Bajrangi BhaijaanOther Awards
2008: Rajiv Gandhi Award for Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment
2013: Lions Favorite Philanthropic NGO in India for Being Human
2014: Times Celebex Awards – Star of the Year
2016: Times Of India Film Award For Best Actor for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honors, and achievements to his name.
|Date of Birth||27 December 1965|
|Age (as in 2020)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai (he spent his childhood at 21, Palasia in Indore & Gwalior)|
|School(s)||• Scindia School, Gwalior
• St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra, Mumbai
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Drop-Out|
|Religion||He identifies himself as both Hindu and Muslim; he says “I’m Hindu and Muslim both. I’m Bharatiya (an Indian). My father is Muslim and my mother is Hindu.”|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (mainly Pathan)|
|Address||Galaxy Apartments, Bandstand, Bandra, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Swimming, Cycling, Painting, Writing|
|Controversies||• Blackbuck hunting case (1999): Salman & his co-stars of Hum Saath Saath Hain were accused of hunting blackbuck deer & chinkara (endangered animals) while shooting for the film in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
On 5 April 2018, he was found guilty in the Blackbuck Killing Case and was sentenced to 5 years by the Jodhpur Court; Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri pronounced the verdict. He was charged under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act. The Jodhpur Court gave the benefit of the doubt to “Hum Saath Saath Hain” co-stars, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, and Sonali Bendre.
On 8 April 2018, he was granted bail by the Jodhpur Sessions court; after spending two nights in Jodhpur jail.
• Hit-and-run case (2002): Salman drove his car over the people sleeping on the pavement outside a bakery at night. One person was killed, while three persons were injured in this accident.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sangeeta Bijlani (actress)
Somy Ali (actress)
Aishwarya Rai (actress) (1999-2002)
Katrina Kaif (actress) (2003-2010)
Faria Alam (Former Model & Football Association Secretary) (1996)
Iulia Vantur (actress) (2016)
|Parents||Father– Salim Khan (Screenwriter)
Mother– Sushila Charak (birth name), Helen (stepmother)
|Siblings||Brothers– Sohail Khan, Arbaaz Khan (both younger)
Sisters– Alvira, Arpita (both younger)
|Food||Chinese food, Spicy Italian food, Pav Bhaji, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Kebab
home-cooked food, ‘Mixture’ (all the leftovers from various food items and mixes them before eating)
Apart from those, he loves biryani and kebabs and other Mughlai and North-Indian delicacies
|Actor(s)||Hollywood: Sylvester Stallone
Bollywood: Dilip Kumar, Govinda
|Singer(s)||Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam|
|Restaurant||China Garden, Mumbai|
|Colour(s)||Black, White, Grey|
|Dessert||Sitaphal ice cream|
|Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Imran Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra|
|Song||‘Jab Hum Jawan’ by Shabbir Kumar|
|Car(s)||BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Toyota Land Cruiser|
|Outfit(s)||Tight jeans & T-Shirts|
|Fashion Brand(s)||Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace|
|Film Director||Sooraj Barjatya|
|Cars Collection||• Lexus LX 470,
• Mercedes Benz GL-Class,
• BMW X5, Range Rover Vogue,
• BMW X6
• Audi R8,
• Audi Q7,
• W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class
|Bikes Collection||Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition motorbike, Suzuki Hayabusa|
|Assets/Properties||The 150-acre plot in Panvel which is having 3 bungalows, a swimming pool, and his own gym|
|Salary (approx.)||₹60 crore/film|
|Income (as in 2018)||₹253.25 crore/annum|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$300 Million (₹1950 Crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salman Khan Biography
- Does Salman Khan smoke?: Yes
- Does Salman Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- He is the eldest son of Salim Khan (a screenwriter) and Sushil Charak. Her mother, later, adopted the name, Salma Khan.
- He grew up along with his brothers Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan in Bandra, Mumbai.
- Since his childhood, he was a great swimmer.
- In the 1988 film, Biwi Ho To Aisi, Salman’s voice was dubbed by a dubbing artist.
- His first leading breakthrough role in Bollywood came with Maine Pyaar Kiya, which was one of India’s highest-grossing films at that time. Moreover, this was his first film with Reema Lagoo too, which later made their pair very much famous as mother and son.
- He rejected the negative lead role offered to him by Abbas-Mustan in his film- Baazigar, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan; the film went on to become a blockbuster.
- Salman believes in lucky gemstones and wears his turquoise stone bracelet on and off the screen. Moreover, his father also believes the same.
- He is obsessed with soaps and his bathroom is heaped up with a variety of soaps, but he especially likes natural fruit and vegetable extracts cleansers.
- During the shoot of London Dreams, he flew his own cook to London from Mumbai to cook up biryani for the entire cast and crew who were tired of eating continental food.
- In August 2011, he disclosed that he had trigeminal neuralgia, a chronic pain condition affecting the trigeminal nerve in the face, also commonly known as “suicide disease.” During an interview, he told that he had been suffering from it for the past seven years and it had made his voice much harsher.
- In 2012, Salman’s wax statue was established at Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England.
- Apart from his incredible contributions to the film industry, he owns a charitable organization named “Being Human Foundation, which focuses on health care and education. All the profit generated from the sale of the watches he design, Being Human T-shirts, and his paintings, go to the foundation.
- While filming for Tiger Zinda Hai, in a scene where Tiger is painting Zoya, was the actual artwork of Salman, as he painted the picture while the crew was busy with the arrangements.
- His father wanted him to become a cricketer, but he aspired to be a writer and has also written films like Veer and Chandramukhi. Moreover, the storyline of the film Baaghi: A Rebel for Love was based on Salman’s idea for which he was also given credit in the film.
- Salman and Vivek Oberoi had a long fight over the phone when Aishwarya & Vivek were in a relationship after Salman & Aishwarya broke up. Here’s a video in which Vivek recited the whole incidence in front of the media:
- In 2014, he launched his second production company with the name- Salman Khan Films (earlier, Salman Khan Being Human Productions) and the first movie to be released under his company SKF was “Dr. Cabbie,” which was a Canadian movie that became the second highest-grossing film in Canada.
- Salman ranked ahead of the US President Barack Obama on the list of “The Most Admired Personalities of India” in 2015.
- In 2016, his film, Sultan was the 10th film to enter the 100 crore club.
- During his shoot for Ek Tha Tiger in Turkey, he frequently visited a cafe del mar named “The Salman Khan.” It was also his first movie with Yash Raj Films.
- Besides being an actor, he is also a very passionate painter, and Aamir Khan has many of his paintings at his home. Reportedly, he himself painted the poster for his film Jai Ho.
- In 2017, Salman Khan and the local residents of the Galaxy Apartments, where Khan and his family reside, raised a stink over the Bandstand toilet being built by the BMC; citing the reason that they don’t want toilets in areas frequented by walkers and joggers, fearing the unhygienic conditions.
- Salman doesn’t have an email-id in his name; as he prefers communicating face-to-face, or verbally on phone rather than electronically via e-mails.
- One of his fans has opened a restaurant named “Bhaijaanz” in Mumbai in which the interiors are decorated with Salman Khan’s posters, and all his favorite dishes are on the menu.
- His hosting skills in the Bigg Boss-Season 4 was a big commercial success, which, reportedly, even outdid Amitabh Bachchan‘s hosting in Bigg Boss 3. After his successful journey of season 4, he hosted all the other seasons of the Bigg Boss series.
- He has also given his voice to the animated character Hanuman in the 2017 film- Hanuman: Da’ Damdaar.
- His phenomenal performance in ‘Dabangg’ made him popular by his character’s name- Chulbul Pandey.
- He has two pet horses named ‘Bajrangi’ and ‘Bhaijaan’ and also two dogs named ‘My Son’ and ‘My Jaan.’
- In 2018, actress Shilpa Shetty shared a photo of Salman Khan; kissing Shilpa’s mother. The actress went on to reveal that Khan has a strong bonding with her family, and he used to share drinks with her father.
- In January 2019, when Salman Khan, along with his father and brothers, appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show, where his father revealed that Salman used to get leaked papers to clear his exams.
Jab Kapil ke ghar aayi Khan family, dekhiye kiss kiss ki pol khul gayi! #TheKapilSharmaShow, 29 Dec se, har Sat-Sun raat 9:30 baje. @BeingSalmanKhan @SohailKhan @arbaazSkhan @KapilSharmaK9 @kikusharda @haanjichandan @Krushna_KAS @bharti_lalli @sumona24 @RochelleMRao @trulyedward pic.twitter.com/Aux3E7bXXg
— Sony TV (@SonyTV) December 26, 2018