UPDATED: July 30, 2021, 14:35 IST
Under the ‘Mukhyamantri Bal Seva Yojana, the Uttar Pradesh government aims to provide financial assistance of over Rs 1 lakh for the marriage of girls who are affected by or orphaned due to the pandemic.
The ‘Uttar Pradesh Mukhyamantri Bal Seva Yojana’ was launched on July 22 with an aim to provide financial assistance for the provision of maintenance, education, medical and other needs of children in distress. Detailed guidelines in this regard were issued on June 2.
As per the department, letters has been sent to all Uttar Pradesh district magistrates seeking speedy disposal of the grant. The verification of documents required for providing financial assistance/grant for the marriage of orphaned girls should be completed within 15 days, the official statement said.
According to the mandate, an amount of Rs 1,01,000 will be provided for the marriage of all the girls affected by or orphaned due to Covid-19 infection. The format and guidelines for the application will be issued separately.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SCHEME?
Eligibility criteria follow-
- Under the Uttar Pradesh Mukhyamantri Bal Seva Yojna, the amount of financial assistance will be allowed to the girls who are getting benefits for their marriage.
- The age of the bridegroom should not be less than 21 years and that of the bride should not be less than 18 years as on the date fixed for the marriage.
- According to the state department, only eligible girls will get the benefit of this scheme under the child service scheme.
- The application will be valid only for marriages after June 2.
- Moreover, a person can apply under the scheme 90 days before the date of marriage to within 90 days of the date of marriage.