UPDATED: April 28, 2021 15:46 IST
The registration for vaccination against the Covid-19 infection for all above the age of 18 years will begin today (April 28) at 4 pm on the Co-WIN portal and Aarogya Setu app. The inoculation process and documents to be provided to get the Covid-19 vaccine will remain the same. While walk-ins will not be allowed to avoid chaos at the vaccination centres, those aged 45 years and above can still go for on-site registration to get the Covid-19 vaccines.
The government also made it mandatory for the 18-44 age group to register themselves on the Co-WIN portal, Aarogya Setu app and UMANG App and get an appointment for vaccination. As the registration for vaccinations begins today, here’s how citizens in the 18-45 age group can register themselves on the Co-Win portal, and the Aarogya Setu app:
HOW TO REGISTER ON CO-WIN PORTAL
1. The first step would be visiting the Co-WIN portal and clicking on the “Register/Sign In Yourself” tab to register for the Covid-19 vaccination.
2. Enter your mobile number and click on “GET OTP (one-time-password)”. You can also sign in via the Aarogya Setu app or the UMANG app.
3. Once you receive it, enter the OTP and click on the verify button.
4. After verification, the “Registration for Vaccination” page will open.
5. Enter your personal details — Photo ID proof, Photo ID Number, Name, Gender, Year of Birth — all mandatory. Now register yourself. Documents for a photo ID that you can use:
a. Aadhaar card
b. Driving License
c. PAN card
e. Pension Passbook
f. NPR Smart Card
g. Voter ID Card (EPIC)
6. Once registered, you will be shown the “Account Details” page, where you can schedule your appointment.
HOW TO REGISTER USING AAROGYA SETU APP
1. Install the Aarogya Setu app.
2. Register yourself on the Aarogya Setu app using your mobile number. An OTP will be sent to your mobile numbers.
3. Click on the “Vaccination” tab.
4. Now, register for vaccination by filling up the required details.
You can also register yourself for the vaccination on UMANG App.
DOS AND DON’TS FOR CITIZENS BEFORE/AFTER VACCINATION
What you should do:
1. Register and schedule your vaccination in advance.
2. Register online through Co-WIN OR Aarogya Setu OR UMANG platform.
3. Register with only one phone number and one ID Carry ID proof when you go for the vaccination.
4. Carry as ID proof the same ID document used for registration.
5. Search for the nearest vaccination centre online from Co-WIN OR Aarogya Setu or Umang and select a centre convenient for vaccination.
6. To receive health ID as part of the registration for vaccination, give your consent.
7. Reach the vaccination centre on the specified date and time.
8. Wait for 30 minutes at the vaccination centre after vaccination.
9. Inform the vaccination centre if any side effect(s) is experienced within 30 minutes.
10. Inform Helpline Number: +91-11-23978046 (Toll-free- 1075) in case of any side effect after leaving the vaccination centre.
11. Continue precautions of social distancing and wearing masks.
What you shouldn’t do:
1. No walk-ins without an appointment.
2. Don’t register on multiple platforms.
3. Don’t register using multiple phone numbers and multiple ID proof.
4. Don’t consume alcohol or other intoxicants on the day of vaccination.
5. Don’t panic in case of any side effects.
6. Don’t register again for the second dose.
As the coronavirus situation in India remains grim with a deadly upsurge in daily Covid-19 cases and deaths, the central government last week announced the vaccination drive on May 1 for all above the age of 18 years.